Social Networking Sites

The four social networking sites that I would like to compare are Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram. I use all of the following apps on the daily, besides Twitter. Facebook was the second social networking site that I have used out of all four. I became a member of Facebook when I was in middle school. At the time, it was more of a way for me to play games and socialize with my friends. Nowadays, I use Facebook to stay connected with my friends, research upcoming events around the area, advertise the organization that I am a part of, and even sell items. Facebook is honestly my favorite social networking site to use because of how versatile it is. YouTube is the first social media site that I have used since I was in middle school. At the time, I used it to watch funny videos. Nowadays, I use YouTube daily for music, homework help, entertainment, and to learn something new. It is one of the best platforms out there, especially for a visual person like me. I became a member of Instagram in my senior year of high school. My initial vs. post impressions of Instagram have changed drastically. Before I ever decided to use the site, I always thought the idea of sharing photos was not clever and pointless. I didn't understand why people would want to share photos. After I joined Instagram, I found the idea of sharing photos to be very interesting. I was able to get a glimpse of a person's personality and life through pictures. I use Instagram daily to pass by time on train rides and in between classes. Instagram is a good social networking site to use to also share messages and also a platform to share creativity. Lastly, I joined Twitter this semester for this class. I never thought Twitter to be a versatile platform until I did a little more reading. The use of hashtags is a convenient way of navigating through different feeds and filtering out tweets that are interesting to the user. I believe that after this semester is over, I will still continue to use Twitter. It has a different concept over other social networking sites. Overall, all these sites are unique in their own ways. I personally do not find a problem with any of the sites and will still continue to use them daily.

Comments

  1. Hello Jesse,

    As I was reading your blog, I was able to connect with your experiences with all 4 websites you listed. Similarly, I use Facebook, Instagram and Youtube all the time for the same purposes as you. I also made Facebook in middle school and it was a way for me to play free games as well as connecting with my friends. I am a beginner when it comes to Twitter because I was never exposed to it. I am glad we are able to learn and use Twitter in CIS3810. The user interface is great and the hashtags is an efficient way to filter your feed and search for new things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts